Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Notes from Heaven

The front page of the newspaper about broke my heart today. It was plastered with the note from Martin Toler Jr. to his family, telling them... "it wasn't bad, I just went to sleep". I couldn't bare to even look at it for tears welled up in my eyes everytime I tried to read it. Martin, I think he signed the note, Jr, was one of the WV miners killed this week in the Sago mine accident. It breaks my heart. Randall McCLoys family waits, praying that this man will come too and not suffer any type of brain damage. I pray that God gives this brave young man a second chance and lets him heal to be able to enjoy his children and life. He was the only survivor. That has to say something. God was with him? Was an angel holding his hand, trying to help him hold on? I think so. He was the youngest of all the miners. Randall McCloy holds the key. He holds the truth of the events. He may not be able to rememeber any of it. That might be better if he can not. Let's just pray together that God can see it in his heart to heal this man.
I am actually sitting here listening to Christmas music. I found a CD I thought I'd lost and had to listen to it! The group is Point of Grace, a Christian group of all girls and they sing wonderfully! So I couldn't resist! I don't have but a few Chrisitian Cd's, Christian rock mostly that I bought for the kids. They been to a few concerts here in the valley. They get to Rock & Roll with God! How cool is that! lol
Well Off to another area of the great land of internet! I am trying to find some ideas for storage without spending funds I don't have! FLy Lady needs to come visit me ! lol

3 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger betty said…

    I think its neat they thought to leave notes. It might bring comfort to their families. I hope and pray Randall McCloy maks a full recovery.

    hugs to you for caring!

    betty

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger BosieLadie said…

    Such a tragic time in WV. Thoughts to all involved.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger TJ said…

    How awful this was! Hard to imagine what I would have wrote but I can almost promise you it wouldn't be that short or sweet.
    How tragic!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home