Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Monday, December 26, 2005

Babble from the hills


I think I told ya all I was sewing Rain a dress for the Madrigal choir. Well I finished it. She was beautiful and got many comments. I actually had people coming up and saying, I didn't know you could sew! You can do anything with determination and you set your mind to it. That is what directions are for! Although they were sucky directions, still directions none the least! Even though she was being silly and posing here I thought the falling snow made a nice background for her pic.
Christmas was nice. The family get together yesterday was about insane! We had Lil Darth(my great nephew) there which really added to the excitement. He was busting at the seems for about 2 weeks anticipating the grand event. But it was so nice having the whole family together. Something we haven't had in a very long time.
Ct is still recovering from his shoulder surgery. Dr says he has to keep brace on for another 2 to 3 months. Can we say woo hoo. All goes ok until he whines. It drives me crazy! Just tell me you want a cup of coffee! Does it have to include long drawn out hoooonnneyyy, pllleeeasseeee caaaannn IIIII haaaaavvveee aaa cccuuuppp offfff cccooofffeeeee! ARGH!!!!!!!!
It is like having a baby in the house. When I want him to take a nap, when he really needs to take one the house is noisy and he wakes up. When it doesn't matter, he zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz! Another ARGH!!!! Christmas Eve afternoon he really needed to take a nap to be able to make it through visisint at my cousins house. I had more phone calls, more doors slamming, more kids fighting! I was ready to choke someone!
My Dad ended up in the hospital Dec 20th. His blood pressure dropped extrememly low and they kept him for observation. He came home the next day. My cousin passed away the week before that at the age of 47 with a cardiac arrest and cerebral hemorage.(Sp?) So we needed not any other crazyness.
I will be delighted to say good bye to 2005. Some good has happened, we got a new baby in the family , Lil Darth came home to live, we had a wedding, and a few other good things. But for the mostpart it has SUCKED! So I am hoping that next year is better for us. They say be careful what you ask for. I am only asking for a better year, nothing hidden in that request huh ?
Well friends, all for now. Good day to you, Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger betty said…

    beautiful costume! She looked absolutely dashing!

    betty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home