Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Friday, November 25, 2005

Parade Part II

I had to stop in the middle of the parade entry earlier because sons GF started talking to me and I didn't want to be rude and ignore her.
Soooooo anyhow, no the parade was not fun, other then seeing Rain, which is always a joy. This will be her last Christmas parade here and she has 1 more tomorrow morning. I am happy in some ways, sad in others.
I think I was most disappointed that there were no church floats in the parade. Usually most if the churches in town will do a religious float for Christmas. There was none. I was shocked. Also there is usually a can food drive where they collect can goods for the needy, that one wasn't there either. Poor Dad, carried a bag of can goods to the parade and held them and then carried them back home.
I felt so bad for my nephew lil Darth though. The fireman were throwing out tons of candy and he can't eat it because of his braces on his mouth. He has to have surgery eventually because he was born with cleft lip and palate and the braces are opening the roof of his mouth up. Poor lil guy just stood there and looked at the candy laying at his feet. Me being the dumb ass, was like look honey there's some candy, duh. He looked at me and said Aunt Val, I can't eat candy. I felt horrible!
Sunday night CT has sleep study! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I get an evening of peace & quiet! I am giving orders that I need some me time! So the kids will have to find some entertainment in their rooms. I actually need to work on Rains dress, which I will do, but I work better when people aren't trying to suck all the life out of me.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger betty said…

    oh; your poor little nephew! He was so sweet to say that he couldn't eat candy; others might have tried to smuggle some.

    That's a shame that the parade is dwindling down and not having any church floats; I think its a state of what the world is coming to.

    enjoy your "me" time!

    betty

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home