Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hoping you all had a nice Thanksgiving! I worked till 3, which was cool because I get triple time. God knows I need the extra money for bills & Christmas, So I had to volunteer. But we had a really nice time. I surprised my oldest daughter when her best friend since birth came up to see her tonight. She was soooo surprised! Just seeing the look on her face was priceless. They haven't seen each other for 3 yrs, so they were very happy to see each other. I was hoping to get them together earlier in the week but work schedules just didn't work out for that. But at least they got to see each other. Baby girl(my oldest daughter) smiled more tonight then I have seen her smile in a very long time! We played Lord of the Rings Monopoly. I outed about after an hour, I caouldn't keep my eyes open. Lil Darth(my nephew) kept rubbing my arm saying wake upppp! I just couldn't! lol So our bellies are full of great food, we got to visit with each other, there was alot of laughter and fun. I am thankful for all of that!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger betty said…

    That was nice that your daughter got that nice surprise from you! Wow, I think I would have worked too to get triple time.

    Its amazing what they have for Monopoly games now. I read just this past week they have a Monopoly game for the city I live it.

    enjoy your day today :)

    betty

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger BosieLadie said…

    I am glad you had a wonderful time with your family and friends at Thanksgiving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home