Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Taking for granted!

You ever not realize how important something is in your life until you don't have it, or can't use it? How about a bathroom? Dam, I never realized how much time I spend in there! All my stuff to get ready for work is in there! Well, we are remodeling our bathroom. It is our present from our parents! Woo hoo! But, after discussing the fact that the commode would not be taken out until the last minute, and in the day time, I come home from picking out paint, and what do I find! The wonderful CT has taken my precious throne out! NO NO NO! Put it back! My Gawd man! What are you thinking! Sure, you fellas can waltz out into the yard for a 2 am pee, but us chickies! I'm not squatting in no yard for nuthin, particulary when it is like 35 degrees! He doesn't remember our conversation! He doesn't recall me telling him that I am up every 2 hours to pee! Where was his head! Or as Dr Phil says... "What were you thinking man!" Geesh! So he had to find new bolts to put it back, and it is there, in place! Lucky for his butt! lol Well and mine too! lol But we have to use Mom & Dads shower for a couple of days, but in the long run it will be worth it.
Christmas is approaching quick. My stomach is churning, worry about how I am going to get gifts bought. But I am coming to the conclusion that my kids are very understanding. Rain has asked for Garth Brooks box set and Son wants a Cabelas gift card. CTs kids want gift cards from 2 differant stores. I am going to do the best I can. I have decided that as far as his kids go, they get a very huge Christmas from thier mother and her side of the family, my kids get gifts from my Mom & Dad and they are always appreciative of even the smallest things. SO I am not going to worry. I think as long as I am here with them and spend time with them and have a nice together they will be very happy.
I know I brag about my kids, but I am so very lucky to have such great kids. Sons GF is a awesome lil girl! I love her to pieces! She spent the weekend with us. Son went camping with his friend he's had since preschool, which just happens to be his GF"s cousin, how weird is that! lol So GF stayed with us. Her & Rain have become so close! They went shopping , brought home snacks and played Monoploy and had a really nice weekend. Rain helped her with her homework, which I thought was kind of cute because GF is in college and Rain is in High school, but it was for GF's COmputer class and Rain is a wiz at computers.
CT was an ass for alot of the weekend, but I told him what was what, and he made apologies all around. Which I am trying to make him understand that once the damage is done, the apologies ae nice, but maybe he should keep his attitude in check, because words can hurt or the way the words are said, just as much as physical hurt. He makes me so frustrated sometimes, I understand he feels awful and is frustrated with his physical ills, but we don't really feel like being helpful to him when he is being an ass. I keep reminding him that he is having his surgery soon and that he will be pretty much immobile without our help, he better start being nice!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home