Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Friday, December 02, 2005

Surgery day

Today is surgery day for CT. I am tired but can't sleep, my nerves are so rattled I feel like they are trying to jump out of my skin. It is gonna be rough. He will be having his arm bone fused to his shoulder bone. He has no shoulder socket so it will shorten his arm by about 2 in. Silly man, he was so worried that I wouldn't like him anymore because his arm would be shorter! I think he was afraid I'd be embarrassed. Which is a way I guess kinda hurt because he knows I am not in any way like that. I never feel uncomfortable around any one less then perfect. I mean are any of us perfect? So we have to be at the hospital at 11 am. Which kinda is good in the aspect that we don't have to get up @ 3 am to make the 2 hour drive, but on the bad note, he can't eat after midnight! Now we are talking about the human coffee hound who lives for food. Poor guy was in the fridge at 11 45 trying to pack it in! lol So until I get him to the hospital, it is going to be a long morning! I wish I knew how long the surgery will take, which I am sure they will tell me tom. Not that is matters, not like I am going anywhere, I have just been wondering. You know, one of those silly things that helps occupy your mind!
I haven't even packed all of our stuff yet. Why should I ? lol I would shame the procrastinated club members. They'd be shocked and speechless, probably cast me out on my can from the club! lol Besides, it so much more fun throwing things in the bag then to pack them up nicely! I might forget something important if I do it tonight !
The real clincher will be that he HAS to STOP smoking! The Dr said that he will have so many tiny lil blood vessels trying to pump healthy blood and oxygen into his wound area that the nicotine will constrict them and possibly cause a problem with the lack of blood surging through.
Sooooo, that means that I have to quit too. I am ready to quit. Although there are times when I really like smoking. After dinner, while talking on the phone, when I hang out with my girlfriend J, it is like the girlfriend thing to do! Get together talk up a storm and smoke! lol I might have to sneak! lol So I made a deal with CT that if I stop smoking then once he is better he has to start walking with me. I want to be the "biggest loser" in this house!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger betty said…

    hope the surgery went well; I'm sure it is done by now and by the time you read this journal comment. Good for you for thinking about and quitting smoking! It really will aid in CT's recovery if he is not smoking for the reason the doctor said. I hear the nicotine patches and gum are effective!

    betty

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home