Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Robins 5-er from Betty's journal!

I got this from Betty's journal.http://journals.aol.com/lv2trnscrb/Ofmini-pawsandmenopause/ Pretty fun questionnaire!
1. Do you already have your Christmas tree up? If so when did you put it up? If not when will you put it up? No I don't. I hope to get it up next week some time, CT has surgery the 2nd so it is going to be hard to get anything done.
2. Do you have any particular theme when it comes to decorating your tree? Maybe you do all Disney ornaments? Only blue lights? Tell us how you decorate your tree. Kudos if you have a picture and post it.
No picture, well handy anyhow, I do my tree with berrie garland & berry sprigs, and outdoorsy stuff. I put all the ornaments on it though that the kids have made through the years and our speciall ones. So it is kinda hodge podge.
3. What is your all time favorite ornament? Only one. Kudos again if you have a picture and post it.
Hmmm, I have a lot but, I think I favor the angel ornament that has my name on it. I've had it like a kazillion years since I was a kid.
4. How many stockings do you hang and are any of them for pets? And...Where do you hang them? (Not everyone has a fireplace)
6 stockings, and yes my dogs get a stocking, they are my kids! ;p We don't hang them, I fill them and place them in front of the presents, because the kids get those first while I am getting awake and getting coffee made.
5. Tell us about one of your Christmas traditions. My family all get together on Christmas Eve. No matter what. That is my Mom's birthday. So we have a cake for her, in non Christmas theme. Then after everyone goes home we exchange gifts with my parents. It is really nice to be together that night. I tell my boss, I will work Christmas day But I have to have Christmas Eve off! lol This year is going to be alot of fun though because we have 2 new babies and my nephew will be here. He is already bouncing off the walls!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i got the link to your journal from Lahomas Laments, and what caught my eye was the fact that you are from "West BY GOD Virginia, and that you are an ER reg clerk. WE have 2 things in common. I'm not actually from WVA but my mom was, and she would always answer, when someone would ask her, "Oh..you're from Virginia?" with, "No sir.. I'm from West BY GOD Virginia!" lol I love WVA.. it's truly God's country.
    I am an ER reg clerk here in Southern Cali, and I've been doing this job for over 10 years. Love it! Love the ER! Never a dull moment.
    Well, stop over to my journal if you get around to it. Would love to have you visit! :)
    Jackie
    http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Waitingtoexhale/

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger betty said…

    that's neat about celebrating your mom's birthday on Christmas Eve like that!

    I hope you can have both those days off that you want :)

    betty

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home