Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve always brings back such fun memories. The excitement and anticipation of Christmas day! The butterfly flutter you'd get in your tummy laying in bed waiting, watching the clock, really trying to go to sleep but unable. Straining your ears listening for the slightest sound, hoping Santa was still coming, even though you couldn't fall asleep! Shhhhh.... was that sleigh bells??? I heard something! I would close my eyes quick. Breathing as quiet as I could to strain and hear if they were coming our way. Oh oh, I had to go to the bathroom! No!!! Not now! Santa might be down there and if I go down he might leave before he leaves the presents! Ohhh I can't hold it any longer! I have to go down. I tip toe quiet, stepping on the stairs where they didn't creak. Holding my breath. THEN... getting to the bottom where you could see into the living room. I'd dart past as quick as I could, hoping he wouldn't see me! Worse yet, I'd see him! My heart would be racing. Going back to bed was even worse! I'd hold my breath, open the bathroom door real quiet, then run past the living room door as fast as I could! Wanting to look, but being soooo afraid! Up the stairs, jumping back into to bed and covering up, closing my eyes, hoping, did I ruin it all? Did I scare Santa away? Will we get any presents ? Ohhh the worry! I'd fall asleep in worry mode. I'd listen to my brother & sister tell each other how they had seen the presents the night before. Gasp! They looked!!!!!! They could have ruined it! But they didn't, Whew! on their part! We'd get up go down the steps, and somehow, even though it never did on anyother morning of the year, the living room always seemed to be sparkling like glitter on Christmas morning! Odd, but I didn't care, it was perfect, and that is what matter!
Merry Christmas to all & a Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home