Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ah, The New Year

Hm... I am trying to figure out the hoopla surrounding the excitement that occurs, or maybe the height of excitement for New Years. I sat there, watching the ball falling, the kids were jumping around counting down. Tada! 2006. Wow, now that was exciting.. I didn't feel any differant, I still had a sorethroat, I was still cold, I am still in desperately deep shit debt, my bank account is still empty, I am still obese, depressed, frumpy and grumpy. So I laid back over in my hugely fuzzy housecoat, against the pillows, and sighed. I was attacked by kids hugging me and yelling Happy New year! Ok, so I mustered out, Happy New Year. I know it didn't sound exciting, I feel like I disapointed them with my excitement. I felt guilty then. I felt even more guilty today that I allow myself to get so depressed and can't click out of it long enough to pacify them. But I was really tired last night. Worn out from being sick and work. I hope they understand. So I cooked them breakfast this morning, maybe that would help. I decided to try and not be impatient with Son, who at times can really trigger your urge to choke him, even though basically he is an awesome kid. Then the dog got out and I lost my patience because his version of looking for the dog was looking to the east & west from the front porch, nope no dog. We eventually found her, stinking to high heaven licking her chops, with stuff all over her, I don't know what it was and don't wanna~ So hooray, it's the New Year. I am hoping all the crap that happened to us last year is over. After all, when your so low your under the barrel, there's no other way to go but up ..... right???????

1 Comments:

  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger betty said…

    Happy New Year anyway! I know the feeling. Why do we get so excited about the start of another year? We usually bring the same set of problems with us from year to year. Oh well, optimism and kids go hand in hand, thankfully, since they are our future.

    I hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

    betty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home