Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Monday, January 23, 2006

It's that time again!



That's right boys & girls, Tax Time! Woo hoo. With that brings Fafsa time, can we say woo hoo again! OMG, I hate filling our fafsa! Now I have 2 to do this yr. But it is well worth the aggravation, the kids get nice Pell grants that I am extremely thankful for. Otherwise they'd not be able to attend college. Rain & I are bug eyed after filling out a schmillion scholarship applications tonight. We have another date with the internet tomorrow night right after dinner to do some more. Whatever it takes! I am almost tempted to hit the street with a tin cup and a sign that says .... Will work for college funds! Funny thing is, I have seen this done! Last time we went to Morgantown, there was a boy with a sign that said, NO FOOD.NO MONEY. NO HOME.LOST SCHOLARSHIP. WILL WORK FOR ANYTHING. I felt bad. But WHY did he lose the scholarship? Was he messing around and flunked out. And what about his parents? Do they know their son is standing on the highway with this sign? I would be frantic. I wouldn't be a happy parent, but I would never let my kid be out in the cold. But maybe he'd had chance after chance and this was his lesson for life. I pondered all the thoughts, after all I had an hour and a half to think about it. Not that it is my place to judge, which I didn't actually, but I gave it a lot of thought and decided he was learning an important lesson, how to take charge of his own life, be responsible for his actions. And I'd hoped that he will become a stronger person and doesn't get lost in the cracks of society. So I asked God to help him out, not get him completely out of the fix, but maybe light the path for him to his own personal success.
I never ask God to completely get me out of fixes. I just ask that he might help guide me to the correct path, and then let me stumble around to find the end of that path. After all, stumble around long enough, and I have, you get smarter, wiser to what you have to do with your life and how to keep better control of your situations. I am happy with that. I think I have learned a lot in the past 10 yrs. I have gotten stronger. I haven't found success yet, I keep telling myself that God has that room hidden in the forest of grief and hard times, and it is up to me to keep trying to find it. After all, what would I learn if he just led me right to it? Nothing. SO I wait. I stumble, I fall, then I get up, brush my britches off and move along. See that is where I got my journals title, I'm just strummin along to the tune... of life. When people ask, How I am doing, I say, Oh, I'm still just strummin along to the tune of life! They chuckle but they know what I mean.
I went to the Dr's today. I love that man, he's so smart and so cool. I tease the girls at work and say... I am going to marry him someday! It's just a joke! LOL but they gasp! But he is that cool. I really want to work for him, because he is very easy going, very laid back, and not a snotty nose to anyone. He's good to those who work for him. I tell him, remember me when you get your own practice. Right now he works through the hospital as a teacher and sees patients through their office. Anyways, I have a lumbar strain. Yah. That is what I need. I am not allowed to lift anything, which is really hard, because I am used to doing things for myself pretty much. So I have pain pills and muscle relaxers he said I can take at work. I don't think I will try that yet. I have to get them filled tomorrow and then I will do a test run. I'd hate to take them at work and then be falling under the desk.
Well I will help save you from the babble, have a good nite and a better tomorrow. Don't forget to thank God for Yesterday, he might not be so nice about tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger betty said…

    I like your attitude; hope your lumbar strain is a bit improved by now

    betty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home