Strummin Along To The Tune of Life

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Another day

Well... I am still trying to figure out how to fancy up my blog. I see everyone elses gorgeous creations and I think... Am I this stupid! I think my main obstacle is uninteruppted time. That's right, time without someone interuppting me and making me feel guilty if I ignore them for a split second. GOD forbid "I" have a few moments of peace and quiet! I have thought of taking MY computer and putting it in my bedroom, which I add has a lock on the door and then I will get MY time. But then the kids will want to be in there with me! ARGH! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and hubby dearly, but THEY get their space and private time, I never do. CT is always right here. Which he can't help being off work right now, but he gets all day alone without anyone and he putters about doing what he wants. I can't remember the last time I had this, and dammit, I am jealous! But then that brings me to "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. I know he' stir crazy and I am burnt out. Is there a happy medium? I guess I could say "hey... I want to be alone, can you go to bed or go sit on the porch!" lol That is kinda cruel! lol I pursaded him one night to stay at his Mom's but I still had Rain and Son here, who thought it was cool that we had a night off and must have thought I was lonesome and glued theirselves to my rear. I had visions of candles, music, peace. AHHH HA HA ! Silly silly me! Well , Off to bed, for tommorow is another work day. My boss fails to pick up the hints that I have been throwing about, "Yes I am working the weekend AGAIN!" That or she smirks when I can't see her. Hmph! Good nite!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger betty said…

    I know what you mean about wanting some alone time. I have it during the day when hubby is at work and son is at school. Put them home together for too many days and I get stir crazy. I'm not sure how it will be when hubby retires in about ten years.

    sorry you have to work tomorrow.

    betty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home